Newly minted All-Star starter Demarcus Cousins was helped off the court late in New Orleans' 115-113 win over Houston Friday night after suffering a non-contact injury to his left leg.
Pelicans Coach Alvin Gentry later reporters after the game that Cousins suffered an injury to his left Achilles, and that an MRI later tonight would determine its severity.
Reports later surfaced that the initial diagnosis was a torn Achilles, with the MRI still pending to confirm.
The 6-10 big man is averaging career-highs in rebounds, assists, steals and 3-pointers made per contest in the final season of his current contract.
Between New Orleans investing in him via trade last season and Cousins' dominant pairing with fellow big man Anthony Davis, the Pelicans figured to play a prominent role in his free agent decision.
- Rockets' comeback attempt falls short against PelicansChron.com
- Pelicans get big win over Houston, but all eyes on DeMarcus Cousins, MRI after ...The Advocate
- Davis, Cousins help Pelicans hold off RocketsYahoo Sports
- DeMarcus Cousins Reportedly Suffers Torn Achilles vs. RocketsBleacher Report
- DeMarcus Cousins carried off court as Pelicans defeat RocketsNOLA.com
- Sources: New Orleans All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins has initial diagnosis of ...Yahoo Sports
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins out for season with torn Achilles, sources sayESPN
- DeMarcus Cousins injury update: Pelicans center reportedly has torn Achilles ...Sporting News
- DeMarcus Cousins Trade Rumor: Coach Alvin Gentry Privately Talked Of 'Wanting ...The Inquisitr