Serena Williams, who has not played a competitive match since capturing last year's Australian Open, will return to the court next month at a Fed Cup tie, the US Tennis Association announced Tuesday
New York : Serena Williams, who has not played a competitive match since capturing last year's Australian Open, will return to the court next month at a Fed Cup tie, the US Tennis Association announced Tuesday.
The defending Fed Cup champion Americans will play host to the Netherlands in a first-round tie February 10-11 on an indoor hardcourt at Asheville, North Carolina.
Joining 22nd-ranked Williams on the US squad will be her sister seven-time Grand Slam champion, Venus, and ninth-ranked CoCo Vandeweghe, a semi-finalist at last year's US and Australian Opens in her best major results.
Serena last played Fed Cup in April 2015, when she won two singles matches in a World Group playoff loss to Italy in Brindisi.
- Is Venus Williams Gearing Up For A Trip Down The Aisle?BET
- Serena Williams to return to tennis at Indian Wells in MarchThe Globe and Mail
- Serena Williams set to make return at BNP Paribas Open in MarchThe Japan Times
- Serena Williams to return at Indian Wells tourney in MarchChron.com
- Serena Williams to Play at Indian Wells in 1st Tournament Since Giving BirthBleacher Report
- Serena Williams to return at Indian Wells in MarchMyStatesman.com
- Serena Williams Reveals The Toughest Challenge Of Her Life, And It's Not Even ...GOOD Magazine
- Venus Williams May Be Engaged To Boyfriend Nicky Hammond As Sister Serena ...The Inquisitr
- Serena Williams to return to tournament play at Paribas OpenWalla Walla Union-Bulletin