Dell's board of directors will meet later this month to consider the biggest shakeup in the company's history since it acquired data storage provider EMC Corp. for $67 billion in 2016, the sources said.
Dell is reviewing a list of several possible acquisition targets that would boost its cash flow and expand its offerings, the sources said.
Dell, whose technology portfolio spans servers, displays, workstations and gaming PCs, also has a security unit, RSA, and a cloud platform called Boomi.
The company has struggled with fierce competition in the storage market, as cloud-based rivals such as Amazon.com Inc's AWS and Microsoft Corp's Azure put pressure on prices.
Dell's infrastructure chief, former EMC executive David Goulden, departed last fall, and the firm has since been working to reorganize its storage operations.
- Dell reportedly considers IPO, VMWare dealZDNet
- Dell considering acquisitions or possible IPO: sourcesReuters
- Dell Technologies reportedly considering IPO and other strategic optionsNeowin
- Dell considers return to stock marketFinancial Times
- BREAKING: Dell Technologies considering IPO, other options, to boost revenue ...Austin American-Statesman
- Dell Considers IPO, Acquiring Remainder of VMware: ReportsTheStreet.com
- Dell Technologies could open an IPO, consider other optionsThe Indian Express
- Dell said to mull going public... againCNET
- Dell reportedly considering IPO and other strategic optionsBusiness Insider