Nvidia co-founder and CEO Jensen Huang attends an event during the annual Computex computer exhibition in Taipei, Taiwan May 30, 2017.
AMD and Nvidia will benefit from Intel's chip security vulnerability and related performance issues, according to one Wall Street firm.
British tech website The Register reported Tuesday that some Intel processors have a "fundamental design flaw" and security vulnerability, which spurred the company to confirm the exploit later in the day.
He downplayed Intel's assertion that the security issue will not have a big impact on its business as "optimistic."
The analyst noted in some special instances the impeding security patches for Intel chips could cause a decrease in performance of 20 to 30 percent.
- Intel says broad range of chips are vulnerable to hack, downplays impactLos Angeles Times
- The 'Kernel Bug' Is a Real Problem for Intel Corporation StockInvestorplace.com
- Schwab Charles Investment Management INC Upped Intel Corp (INTC) Holding by ...BZ Weekly
- Intel (INTC) Faces Security Issues, Shares Down More Than 3%Nasdaq
- Digging Up the Facts on Intel Corporation (INTC)StockNewsJournal
- Buying the premium stocks in today' s share market Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC)The News Journal
- Schwab Charles Investment Management INC Raised Its Intel Corp (INTC) Stake by ...KL Daily
- Intel Co. (NASDAQ:INTC) Position Lifted by Community Financial Services Group LLCThe Ledger Gazette
- Best stocks to buy: Intel Corporation (INTC)The News Journal