The White Sox bolstered their bullpen Thursday evening with a three-team trade that will bring veteran Relievers Luis Avilan and Joakim Soria to the South Side.
The Dodgers acquired left-hander Scott Alexander from the Royals, who added infielder Erick Mejia and right-hander Trevor Oaks.
“This deal provides us with additional late-inning options as we look to solidify our bullpen,” general manager Rick Hahn said in a statement.
A former closer for the Royals, Rangers and Tigers, Soria ranks sixth among active pitchers with 204 saves and has career marks of 28-31 with a 2.86 ERA.
Peter, 24, was a seventh-round pick out of Creighton in 2014 and batted .279 with 13 home runs and 49 RBIs in 120 games last season for Double-A Birmingham and Triple-A Charlotte.
- Royals trade relievers Joakim Soria, Scott Alexander in three-team dealKansas City Star
- Dodgers Trade for Scott Alexander in 3-Team Deal with Royals, White SoxBleacher Report
- Dodgers acquire Scott Alexander in 3-team tradeFanRag Sports (blog)
- White Sox Acquire Avilan, Soria in 3-Team TradeNBC Chicago
- Dodgers Complete Three-Team Trade With White Sox and RoyalsNBC Southern California
- Royals acquire new pitcher, infielder in 3-team trade for pitchers Scott ...fox4kc.com
- White Sox Spring Training Tickets Go On Sale FridayCBS Chicago
- White Sox receive relievers Luis Avilan, Joakim Soria as part of three-team dealYahoo Sports
- White Sox acquire Joakim Soria, Luis Avilan in three-team dealSouth Side Sox