Zagat gradually became less of a priority as Google focused on drawing traffic to its Google+ social network.
Google has Held Informal Talks in recent months with multiple companies about offloading Zagat, the sources said, asking not to be named because the matter is private.
Founded in 1979 by Tim and Nina Zagat, the eponymous service became known for its familiar burgundy pocket-sized guides to restaurants in cities around the world.
Last June, Alphabet agreed to sell two robotics firms, Boston Dynamics and Tokyo-based Schaft to SoftBank.
- Google is considering selling off ZagatThe Verge
- Google reportedly thinking about selling its Zagat restaurant review guideAndroid Authority (blog)
- Report: Google Has Held 'Informal Talks' Over Zagat SaleAndroid Headlines
- Google reportedly in talks to sell its Zagat restaurant review service from 20119to5Google
- Reuters: Google looking to exit Zagat review businessSeeking Alpha
- Google Looking To Sell Zagat, Per ReportsMediaPost Communications
- Report: Google Looking to Sell Off ZagatDroid Life
- Google looking to sell Zagat: reportForexTV.com
- Would Google's Sale Of Zagat Have Any Impact On Restaurant Reviews?GeoMarketing (blog)