LSU has signed defensive coordinator Dave Aranda to a new $10 million contract that will keep him in Baton Rouge for the next four seasons, according to the Associated Press .
Aranda is staying at LSU despite reported interest from Texas A&M , which signed Jimbo Fisher to a 10-year, $75 million deal last month.
It's also a huge vote of confidence for Aranda, as Orgeron has appeared to be disillusioned with offensive coordinator Matt Canada.
LSU is coming off of a disappointing 9-4 season that ended in a Citrus Bowl loss to Notre Dame.
As of now, LSU has the 13th ranked recruiting class in college football , according to 247Sports , including nine defensive commits.
- Dave Aranda isn't leaving LSU, and that's obviously the right choiceSECcountry.com
- Bison, Dukes have been on collision course for FCS showdownValley News Live
- Nets cool off Timberwolves 98-97 on Dinwiddie's jumperSacramento Bee
- LSU football podcast: Why Dave Aranda saved Ed Orgeron by sticking with the TigersSECcountry.com
- After missing on Dave Aranda, A&M needs to move quickly to fill defensive ...Dallas News (blog)
- Dave Aranda passes on Texas A&M, agrees to new deal with LSUAL.com
- Alleva rallies to keep Aranda, but it will cost $10 million over 4 yearsWWL
- LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda now makes more money per year than at ...SB Nation
- LSU DC Dave Aranda remaining with the Tigers after more heavy pursuit from ...The Advocate