Beard: Pistons’ Drummond has All-Star credentials But that doesn’t mean Detroit’s big man will get a spot on the roster.
Pistons center Andre Drummond has his shot blocked by Magic forward Marreese Speights last Thursday.
Though there might be bigger names, such as the Cavs’ LeBron James, the Knicks’ Kristaps Porzingis and the Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo, Drummond is deserving of an All-Star nod this season.
“The assist totals are big, the free-throw shooting is way up and his defense has been considerably better and more consistent,” coach Stan Van Gundy said after Wednesday afternoon’s shootaround in Miami.
It all comes down to individual tastes — and although statistics tell a story, Drummond likely will have to rely on whether the coaches have noticed his improved play on both ends of the court.
- Spoelstra experimenting with lineups as Johnson returnsMiami Herald (blog)
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat: Live scoring updatesDetroit Free Press
- Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat live chatMLive.com
- Playoff? Yes, we're talking playoffs as Heat-Pistons square off tonightPalm Beach Post (blog)
- Will Manso: Inconsistency the one constant for Miami Heat entering 2018WPLG Local 10
- With swelling down in elbow, Heat's Goran Dragic says he looked like 'old self ...Palm Beach Post (blog)
- Spoelstra opts to continue to stand tall with Whiteside, OlynykSun Sentinel
- Pistons' Boban Marjanovic: Starting WednesdayCBSSports.com
- Pistons' Andre Drummond: Ruled out Wednesday vs. HeatCBSSports.com