BATON ROUGE - The LSU Tigers, picked to finish 14th of 14 teams in the Southeastern Conference, led preseason champion pick Kentucky, 36-31, at the half of their SEC opener Wednesday night at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center.
The Tigers fought off 7-0 and 11-4 deficits in the opening minutes to rally past the Wildcats to take a five-point lead.
Senior forward Duop Reath led the Tigers with 13 points and six rebounds in the first half.
Freshman point guard Tremont Waters had 10 in the first half with a pair of 3-pointers in five attempts.
- Opening Tip: Getting you ready for LSU's SEC opener vs. No. 17 Kentucky tonightThe Advocate
- Liveblog: Kentucky-LSU basketballLexington Herald Leader (blog)
- 3 improvements I want to see from UK Wildcats vs LSU TigersA Sea of Blue
- Kentucky-LSU basketball: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (January 3 ...SECcountry.com
- Kentucky Wildcats vs LSU Tigers Game ThreadA Sea of Blue
- NBA Draft 2018: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander a lottery pick?A Sea of Blue
- Gilgeous-Alexander providing big lift off UK benchThe Harlan Daily Enterprise
- LSU basketball: Time, TV channel, how to watch the Tigers face Kentucky on ...SECcountry.com
- Kentucky-LSU basketball: Live updates, score, stats (January 3, 2018)SECcountry.com