Texas Tech , an overlooked team nevertheless ranked 18th in the country and sporting a 12-1 record, marched into Allen Fieldhouse on Tuesday night and picked up one of the biggest wins in program history.
Kansas was outworked and often blitzed by a Tech team that made a national statement regarding its potential to win the Big 12 and get back to the NCAA Tournament for just the second time in 11 seasons.
Devonte' Graham is a fine college player but he is no substitute for what Frank Mason brought to KU last season and in years prior.
And it's the stat you should keep in mind before assuming Kansas is going to drift into the bottom of the polls and get caught behind Texas Tech, West Virginia , TCU or Oklahoma in the Big 12.
Statistically speaking, there is nothing as automatic in college basketball as Kansas finding a way to finish atop the Big 12 standings come the first week of March.
- College basketball roundup: Texas Tech victory at Kansas is a firstLos Angeles Times
- Tuesday's Three Things to Know: Kansas, the SEC's weird and the Big Ten's backYahoo Sports
- No. 18 Texas Tech never trails in 85-73 win over No. 10 KUYahoo Sports
- Kansas will have to rise to the challenge to keep its Big 12 title streak aliveYahoo Sports
- Kansas' Big 12 streak in jeopardy after home loss to Texas TechESPN (blog)
- 3 things we learned from Kansas Jayhawks' loss to Texas TechDieHards
- 3 takeaways from No. 18 Texas Tech's wire-to-wire win at Kansas: Bench play ...Dallas News (blog)
- KU's Bill Self bemoans lack of competitiveness in 85-73 loss to Texas TechKansas City Star
- Kansas Stunned by Texas Tech Behind Balanced Offensive AttackBleacher Report