MADISON, Wis. (AP) Greg Gard looked down at the stat sheet to find something to harp on about Ethan Happ.
But the Badgers still won their fifth straight game despite being without starting guard Brevin Pritzl, who was scratched 90 minutes before tipoff with a head injury after getting hurt in shootaround.
Brad Davison added 14 points for Wisconsin, which extended its winning streak over the Hoosiers (8-7, 1-2) in Madison to 16 games.
Happ added four assists, including a pass out of the post to an open Davison on the wing for a nine-point lead with 6:51 left.
Wisconsin: Gard’s team continues to get tested with backcourt injuries after Pritzl joined fellow guards D’Mitrik Trice (foot) and Kobe King (knee) on the sideline.
- Wisconsin 71, Indiana 61: Ethan Happ proves he is too good for the HoosiersMilwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Wisconsin-Indiana basketball: Score, recap, stats (January 2, 2018)Landof10.com
- Happ sets an example for IU to followThe Herald-Times
- Badgers men's basketball: Ethan Happ leads short-handed Wisconsin to 71-61 ...Madison.com
- Happ scores 28 to lead Wisconsin against HooisersDanville Commercial News
- Insider: IU is a weak team when it allows itself to be made weak — and that ...Indianapolis Star
- Badgers men's basketball: Wisconsin extends winning streak with 71-61 victory ...Madison.com
- Indiana drops 16th straight at Wisconsin, 71-61The Herald-Times
- Badgers men's basketball: Seen and heard at the Kohl CenterMadison.com