Soon however, I realized that this Launch from Vandenberg AFB on the California coast at dusk was a perfect setup for the rocket to climb out of the darkness near the ground into the sunlight still shining higher up.
He has been criticized for -- among other things -- setting overly ambitious goals, although I'd bet that even when dates get pushed back, they still generate progress more than "realistic" projections, which tend to make people shrug and say "ugh."
In a recently released video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZJghIk7_VA), we get amazing views from within a capsule designed to carry paying passengers, as it is launched into space and parachutes back to a soft landing.
If successful, the first stage will flip around for re-entry, and aim for a vertical touchdown at Landing Zone 1 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, 9 miles south the launch site.
They'd just better include a camera focused on the all-electric sports car while its sound system plays the late David Bowie's "Space Oddity" before launching beyond the orbit of Mars!
- SpaceX shows a video flyby of its Falcon Heavy rocketEngadget
- Top SECRET satellite launched TOMORROW to send 'unknown group' MYSTERY messagesDaily Star
- SpaceX Video Shows Falcon Heavy On Launch Pad Ahead Of Static FiringInternational Business Times
- Top SECRET US satellite launched by SpaceX aims to send 'unknown group ...Express.co.uk
- Can top-secret US satellite launched by SpaceX send 'unknown group' mystery ...India TV
- SpaceX will launch US government's secret Zuma satellite this week but no one ...International Business Times UK
- SpaceX Will Launch the Mystery Satellite 'Zuma' For the US GovernmentOuter Places
- With one simple tweet, Elon Musk shows a masterful lesson in leadershipYahoo News Canada (blog)
- SpaceX to launch top secret Zuma satellite for US govtRT