According to 9to5Google , when the January Security Patch was rolled out to the Pixel phones on Tuesday, many users immediately voiced out their complaints about the update online.
Complaints about the lag range from the noticeable slowed down animations in the user interface to the delay in the launch of many apps.
Based on user complaints, booting takes longer than the usual once the January Security Patch is installed.
The lagging issue is then felt when users try some nav bar actions or simply tap the home button.
Google has since confirmed that the lag issue is only present in the sideloaded January Security patch and that the OTA version should not have the same problems.
- Google Pixel 2 portrait mode can now be ported to OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 3, Moto ...BGR India
- Google Pixel and Pixel 2 users reporting lag after recent update, fix is simpleAndroid Authority (blog)
- You Can Now Get Pixel 2's Portrait Mode on Older Nexus PhonesKnow Your Mobile
- Google rolls out January 2018 Android security patch for Pixel, Nexus devicesThe Indian Express
- Google rolling out January security patch to Pixel/Nexus devices to fix 46 bugsInternational Business Times, India Edition
- Google releases January security patch for Pixel and Nexus devicesBGR India
- Google Begins Rollout of January Android Security Update for Pixel, Nexus DevicesNDTV
- PSA: Some Pixel, Pixel 2 users seeing lag after installing January security ...9to5Google
- Google rolls out security patch for Android devicesXinhua