Canton, OH -(AP) – Linebackers Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher are among four first-time eligible former players selected among the 15 modern-era finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2018.
They join center Kevin Mawae, tackles Joe Jacoby and Tony Boselli, receivers Isaac Bruce and Terrell Owens, safeties John Lynch and Brian Dawkins, guard Alan Faneca, running back Edgerrin James, cornerbacks Ty Law and Everson Walls for consideration.
The modern-era finalists were determined by a vote of the selection committee from a list of 108 nominees that was earlier reduced to 27 semifinalists during a year-long process.
Kramer was a mainstay of the great Green Bay offensive lines from 1948-68 and is famous for his block that led Bart Starr into the end zone for the winning touchdown in the Ice Bowl 50 years ago.
Beathard helped build championship winners and contenders in Kansas City, Atlanta, Miami, Washington and San Diego from 1966-1999.
- Former Redskins tackle among Pro Football Hall of Fame finalistsWTOP
- Why Brian Urlacher should be first-ballot Hall of Famer — despite Ray Lewis ...Chicago Tribune
- Brian Dawkins, Terrell Owens Are Finalists (Again) For The Pro Football Hall ...PhiladelphiaEagles.com
- Brian Dawkins, Terrell Owens are Hall of Fame finalists once againPhilly.com
- Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Ray Lewis Headline 2018 NFL Hall of Fame FinalistsBleacher Report
- Ray Lewis, Randy Moss among 15 finalists for Pro Football Hall of FameESPN
- Edgerrin James Named Pro Football Hall Of Fame Finalist For Second TimeColts.com
- Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Ray Lewis headline list of 15 football HOF finalistsYahoo Sports
- Hall of Fame finalists: Ray Lewis a lock, but who else will get in?NFL.com