Bourque had cups of coffee with the Washington Capitals , Pittsburgh Penguins and Boston Bruins -- 51 total games, during which he had two goals and six assists.
So you have the talented kid who can't match the accomplishments of his father; you have a journeyman who couldn't break through and stay in the big leagues (and because of that, ironically, he's eligible to play in the Olympics); and you also have a pro player who is trying to become more than a punchline for a "on waivers ... again" joke.
We've griped long enough about how the absence of NHL players means young stars like Jack Eichel and Auston Matthews aren't getting the mainstream introduction they deserve.
Wisniewski could have come back to the U.S. and retired, but the oft-injured defenseman stuck it out in Germany's second pro division, where he has 36 points in 23 games for EC Kassel Huskies.
Anaheim Ducks draft pick Troy Terry (University of Denver) was the hero of last year's World Junior Championship and has been one of college hockey's best players this season.
- USA Unveils Olympic Men's Hockey Roster Without NHL PlayersNBC 6 South Florida
- Watch Emotional Moment Bobby Butler Tells His Dad He Made Olympic Hockey TeamNESN.com
- Brian Gionta's Last Hurrah at the 2018 OlympicsThe Hockey Writers
- Meghan Duggan among 6 3-time Olympians on US women's rosterThe Spokesman-Review
- Morning Flurries: Olympic roster announced, Rangers win outdoor gameMile High Hockey
- There's some local flavor on the men's, women's US Olympic hockey teamsChicago Tribune
- Former Buffalo Sabres captain to lead US Olympic men's hockey teamWBFO
- Gionta captain as US Olympic hockey rosters are announcedLowell Sun
- Hockey: Canton's Greenway makes US Olympic men's rosterWatertownDailyTimes.com