Tourists stop on its stone front steps every day to pose for pictures where Versace was fatally shot by serial killer Andrew Cunanan in 1997.
Now a boutique hotel, The Villa Casa Casuarina , Versace’s former home still reflects his glamorous designs and opulent lifestyle.
A resident artist maintains the mosaics and frescos that Versace had made for the property, including designs showcasing his signature snake-haired Medusa head, said Chauncey Copeland, the hotel’s general manager.
“We actually have preserved what Versace created here and just augmented it with some modern touches for the convenience of our hotel guests and restaurant patrons,” Copeland said.
The Villa Casa Casuarina now is part of the Victor Hotels group, which acquired the mansion at a 2013 auction for $41.5 million.
- Gritty new BBC thriller examines the assassination of Italian fashion designer ...The Sun
- Ricky Martin Talks 'Versace' with Ellen: 'I Show My Tush for the First Time on ...Towleroad
- Ricky Martin is very excited for you to see his buttQueerty
- Ricky Martin: 'Puerto Rico is coming back one electricity pole at a time'Music News
- Ricky Martin Talks Spending Holidays in Tragedy-Ridden Puerto Rico: 'We're ...Billboard
- Ricky Martin Talks Spending the Holidays in Puerto RicoJust Jared
- You Will See Ricky Martin's Bon-Bon On “Assassination Of Gianni Versace”NewNowNext
- Ricky Martin Teases About How Much We Will See of Him On American Crime StoryInstinct Magazine
- 'Black Lightning,' 'Assassination of Gianni Versace' and more new shows to ...New York Daily News