The country superstar broke her wrist in the fall, which sidelined her from a benefit concert and required physical therapy.
But in a blog post on her official fan website this week, Underwood also revealed that she injured her face, too.
"There is also another part of the story that I haven't been ready to talk about, since I have still been living it and there has been much uncertainty as to how things will end up," she wrote in the New Year's Eve post, which was reviewed by CNN.
"When I am ready to get in front of a camera, I want you all to understand why I might look a bit different," Underwood told fans in her post.
Five days ago, the singer posted a photo on Instagram of herself with a scarf almost completely obscuring her face.
- Carrie Underwood Photographed After Serious Injury Requiring 40 StitchesEntertainment Tonight
- Carrie Underwood's Injury Update Says That She's “Not Quite Looking The Same ...Bustle
- Carrie Underwood warns fans she 'might look a bit different' after 'gruesome ...Chron.com
- Carrie Underwood Needed 40 Stitches in Her Face. A Plastic Surgeon Explains ...Health.com
- Carrie Underwood Reveals Her 'Gruesome' Fall Resulted in 40 to 50 Stitches on ...The Blast
- Carrie Underwood 'not quite looking the same' after facial injury that took 40 ...Los Angeles Times
- Grapevine: Carrie Underwood not looking the sameThe Detroit News
- Carrie Underwood says face injury might make her 'look a bit different'ABC News
- Carrie Underwood 'Looked Great' Working Out in December Despite InjuriesPopCulture.com