There is also another part of the story that I haven't been ready to talk about since I have still been living it and there has been much uncertainty as to how things will end up," Carrie wrote.
The American Idol winner continued: "In addition to breaking my wrist, I somehow managed to injure my Face as well.
I'll spare you the gruesome details, but when I came out of surgery the night of my fall, the doctor told [my husband] Mike that he had put between 40 and 50 stitches in.
She also shared plenty of optimism for the year ahead including an announcement that she is returning to the studio next week.
"I'm so thankful for the doctors, nurses, family & friends who've been taking such great care of me," Carrie wrote on social media soon after.
- Carrie Underwood's face 'not quite looking the same' after needing more than ...USA TODAY
- Carrie Underwood Required More Than 40 Stitches in Her Face After Recent FallEntertainment Tonight
- Carrie Underwood says her face 'not quite looking the same' after requiring ...MassLive.com
- Carrie Underwood Reveals She Needed Over 40 Stitches in Her Face After ...PEOPLE.com
- Carrie Underwood Needed 'Between 40 and 50 Stitches' Following November AccidentThe Boot (blog)
- Singer Carrie Underwood also injured her face in fallABC News
- Carrie Underwood Wants to Head Off Your Questions about Her 'Freak Random ...Vulture
- Carrie Underwood Reveals Face Could Look Different, Needed 40-50 Stitches ...The Inquisitr
- 'Not quite looking the same': Carrie Underwood reveals she needed 40 to 50 ...Daily Mail