The outage prevented trains from entering or leaving the station, which is the nation’s busiest.
Amtrak spokesman Jason Abrams says the outage was “due to an electrical issue.” He says it started at about 7:30 p.m. Monday and power was partially restored by 8:30 p.m.
The PATH train service says it’s cross-honoring tickets from NJ Transit and Amtrak.
Abrams says the outage did not affect power inside the train station or service on the Long Island Rail Road.
- NJ Transit train disabled by power outage on tracks at Penn StationWABC-TV
- Power Issue Stops Trains From Entering and Leaving Penn StationNBC New York
- Power Outage Affects Train Service at New York Penn StationU.S. News & World Report
- Power issues slow trains in and out of NY Penn StationNews 12 New Jersey
- Power outage affects train service at NY's Penn StationClay Center Dispatch