Three plays after Jack Gonsoulin’s 17-yard field goal gave the Tigers a 17-14 lead with 2:03 remaining, Boykin caught a pass from Ian Book with his right hand at the LSU 33, managed to elude corner Donte Jackson and then broke a tackle attempt by John Battle up the right sideline for the winning score.
He connected with Equanimeous St. Brown for a 35-yard completion on the first play of the game, but the opening drive stalled at the LSU 31 when Josh Adams was stopped for a 3-yard loss on fourth-and-1.
He already has drawn plenty of attention in the NFL after being named the Southeastern Conference offensive player of the year, but the junior from Huntsville stopped short of saying he’s ready to apply for early entry for the draft.
Johnson, the powerful back who led the SEC in rushing, scoring and all-purpose yards per game, was neutralized by a Central Florida defense that made stopping him its top priority.
Tigers linebacker Darrell Williams credited UCF quarterback McKenzie Milton with consistently keeping plays alive, but he blamed himself and his teammates for letting a Bowl win slip away.
- Scott Frost's Peach Bowl victory provides infomercial Bill Moos wanted for ...Anchorage Press
- Scott Frost says playoff committee process 'wasn't right'Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Central Florida caps perfect season with Peach Bowl winSTLtoday.com
- Monday was the absolute worst nightmare for Auburn fansSECcountry.com
- UCF 34, AUBURN 27: Tigers fall to UCF in Chick-Fil-A Peach BowlTimes Daily
- Scott Frost, UCF cap off undefeated season with 34-27 win over Auburn in Peach ...North Platte Telegraph
- UCF AD claims Knights national champions after 13-0 season, Peach Bowl winCBSSports.com
- UCF defense used slights to fuel strong performance in Peach Bowl winOrlando Sentinel
- UCF wins Peach Bowl in Atlanta, finishes season undefeatedAtlanta Business Chronicle