We’ve seen 8K TVs in the past — all of them concept displays — but this year big brands will be working hard to send home a message that 8K does make sense in larger screen sizes.
Given that tendency as a clue, it is possible we could see a prototype display of microLED in a consumer-level TV size, and if we do, it would look very strong against Oled — deep blacks, brilliant color, and far superior brightness, all with no burn-in potential.
David Katzmaier at CNET is pretty convinced we’ll see microLED in his own “ what to expect ” piece, and ZDNET Korea broke news that several other publications are picking up.
Editor’s note: At the time of publishing this article, we have been briefed by a few major TV manufacturers and are aware of what they’ll be bringing to the big show.
With that said, most of this article was written before those briefings and, frankly, these predictions are fairly easy to come to with prior CES experience, a little deep technology knowledge (techknowledgy?
- LG to show off 88-inch 8K OLED TV at CESCNET
- LG has announced the world's first 88-inch, 8K OLED TVMashable
- LG unveils world's first 88-inch 8K OLED displayGSMArena.com
- 8 Biggest Tech Trends to Watch at CES 2018Tom's Guide
- LG develops 88-inch 8K OLED displayZDNet
- CES 2018: Watching movies on television will never be the same with the advent ...International Business Times, India Edition
- CES 2018: LG showcases 88-inch OLED display with an 8K resolutionThe Indian Express
- LG to Unveil World's First 88-Inch OLED Television With 8K Resolution at CES 2018News18
- Here's how you can get the iPhone X for as low as Rs 71000 via FlipkartDaily News & Analysis