By Charles Odum AP Sports Writer ATLANTA — McKenzie Milton wanted to throw a blanket of 13 wins and no losses over the College Football Playoff.
The UCF players launched a joyous postgame celebration, rolling around in confetti on the field while wearing T-shirts that read "Champions."
After Auburn took a 20-13 lead in the third quarter on a 4-yard run by Kerryon Johnson, Milton threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to Otis Anderson to tie the game.
Milton, under pressure, zipped an 8-yard scoring pass to Dredrick Snelson early in the fourth to give the Knights the lead.
Auburn suffered its second straight loss at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, where it was beaten by Georgia in the Southeastern Conference championship game one month ago.
- Monday's college football: Central Florida is 13-0The Detroit News
- Scott Frost's Peach Bowl victory provides infomercial Bill Moos wanted for ...Anchorage Press
- Central Florida caps perfect season with Peach Bowl winSTLtoday.com
- Monday was the absolute worst nightmare for Auburn fansSECcountry.com
- UCF AD claims Knights national champions after 13-0 season, Peach Bowl winCBSSports.com
- Joe Medley: What a shame Group of Fives have little shotAnchorage Press
- With time to recover and scheme, Erik Chinander's defense puts on its best showAnchorage Press
- UCF defense used slights to fuel strong performance in Peach Bowl winOrlando Sentinel
- UCF wins Peach Bowl in Atlanta, finishes season undefeatedAtlanta Business Chronicle