Maria Romo stood in the intersection of Colorado Boulevard and Oak Knoll Avenue just before 5:30, Monday morning, wearing a stocking cap and smiling as she stoked the fire burning in her barbecue grill, where she was putting pieces of wood.
Confetti lined the sidewalks from the midnight New Year’s celebration, capped off with noisemakers and people dancing in the street.Romo, 38 of Riverside, camped out with her aunt, brother and 16-year-old daughter, Nancy.
Cal Poly students have long assembled Rose Parade floats in a structure that left their creations exposed to rain, harsh sun and wind.
This year, Cal Poly Pomona and San Luis Obispo’s float entry, named “Dreams Take Flight,” feature animals flying through clouds on airplanes with moving wings, Peters said.
- New year brings broad pot legalization to Californiaseattlepi.com
- Flowers and sunshine greet thousands for 129th Rose ParadeSFGate
- How to Watch the 2018 Rose Parade Live Online (Livestream)TheWrap
- Rose Bowl Parade 2018: Map, route, and road closuresSB Nation
- Rose Parade 2018 live stream: Time, TV schedule, and how to watch onlineSB Nation
- How to watch the Rose Bowl Parade 2018: TV, online, social mediaMLive.com
- How to watch the Rose Bowl Parade 201810,000 Couples
- Latest: Hearty souls brave overnight cold for Rose ParadeABC News
- Rose Parade Live Stream: Watch The 129th Tournament Of The Roses ExtravaganzaHollywood Life