Underwood, 34, previously said that she had broken her wrist after falling outside of her home, and on Sunday she revealed that the incident also caused severe cuts to her face.
In a post to her fan club members, the country singer said that in addition to having surgery on her wrist, she required “40 and 50 stitches” to her face.
“There is also another part of the story that I haven’t been ready to talk about since I have still been living it and there has been much uncertainty as to how things will end up,” she wrote, according to Entertainment Tonight and Taste of Country .
I’ll spare you the gruesome details, but when I came out of surgery the night of my fall, the doctor told [Underwood’s husband] Mike that he had put between 40 and 50 stitches in.”
The accident left Underwood unable to perform at the Country Rising benefit show held at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena soon after.
- Carrie Underwood's Fall Needed 40-50 Stitches in Face 'Might Look a Bit Different'TMZ.com
- Carrie Underwood Required More Than 40 Stitches in Her Face After Recent FallEntertainment Tonight
- Carrie Underwood Got 'Between 40 and 50 Stitches' to Her Face After Fall at ...Us Weekly
- Carrie Underwood Needed Over 40 Stitches in Her Face After FallJust Jared
- Carrie Underwood 'Might Look a Bit Different' After Receiving 40-50 Stitches ...Taste of Country
- Carrie Underwood Recovering From Serious Injury, Required 40 StitchesPopCulture.com
- Carrie Underwood Reveals Face Could Look Different, Needed 40-50 Stitches ...The Inquisitr
- Carrie Underwood Had To Get 50 Stitches On Her Face Following Her Fall At HomeCelebrity Insider (blog)