A career-best performance in Week One against the Saints followed two days later by news of a balky knee led to eventual placement on injured reserve.
As to Bridgewater, he still hasn’t played very much since shredding his knee in practice nearly 16 months ago, and it’s still not clear whether he’ll ever reach his full potential.
He also may have grown weary with Mike Zimmer’s week-to-week Jedi mind trick, hoping for a team that will finally embrace him as The Guy .
Keenum’s remaining performances — and the team’s ultimate achievements — will be huge factors in whether the Vikings break the bank to keep Case around.
Wherever it leads, the journey continues tonight in Green Bay, where Keenum will get his first taste of playing football in the freezing cold.
- Minnesota Vikings Have a Rare, Tricky Problem to Sort OutNFL Mocks
- Case Keenum's never played below freezingYahoo Sports
- Adam Thielen reveals what it would mean to deliver a Super Bowl to Minnesota ...FOXSports.com
- Case Keenum and Pat Shurmur could be packaged deal in 2018247Sports
- Case Keenum is a FraudDaily Norseman
- Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs quietly having one of his best seasonsMinneapolis Star Tribune
- How much should Vikings QB Case Keenum get paid in free agency?Yahoo Sports
- Adam Thielen could finish with more yards than any Vikings WR other than Randy ...Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Vikes' Keenum prepares for cold matchupFergus Falls Daily Journal