Later Thursday, the Observer learned that 49ers senior guard Hudson Price, the team’s leading rebounder and 3-point shooter and Mark Price’s son, had begun the process of seeking his release from the program.
Rose said she didn’t see the 49ers playing hard for Price, particularly in a 64-50 defeat at Chattanooga on Sunday, when Charlotte managed just two offensive rebounds
One of the top point guards in ACC (Georgia Tech) and NBA history, Price had no significant head coaching experience when he was hired by the 49ers to rebuild the program after Charlotte parted ways with Major after five seasons.
Price’s firing comes two weeks after the 49ers said they would retain football coach Brad Lambert, whose team recently completed a 1-11 season.
Some 49ers fans have publicly voiced their displeasure recently over the direction the school’s athletic department is headed, particularly in football and men’s Basketball.
- Sports news roundup, Dec. 15: Charlotte 49ers fire Mark Price as coachAkron Beacon Journal
- College Basketball Futures Watch Part II: Maryland through Seton HallNBCSports.com
- UNCC releases head men's basketball coach Mark Price from contractGkMen
- Charlotte fires head basketball coach Mark PriceGwinnettdailypost.com
- Price out as head coachExpressNewsline
- Charlotte fires former NBA All-Star Mark Price as 49ers men's basketball coachCBSSports.com
- Hudson Price leaving Charlotte 49ers' basketball program, tooCharlotte Observer
- Charlotte fires basketball coach, ex-NBA star PriceYoungstown Vindicator
- Charlotte fires basketball coach, former NBA star Mark PriceWashington Post