Delta Air Lines ( DAL ) is expected to snub Boeing ( BA ) and pick its European rival Airbus ( EADSY ) for a massive midsize jet order, according to a report Wednesday
An order of that size would be worth $12.7 billion at list prices, according to Reuters , though airlines typically get steep discounts for major deals.
Under pressure from Boeing, which claimed the C Series received unfair state aid, the U.S. levied a sky-high tariff on the plane, which Delta is buying.
Losing the Delta deal could push Boeing to making a decision on whether to build a midmarket plane, which analysts have dubbed the 797, to compete against A321neo.
Earlier this year, Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg confirmed that the new plane could seat roughly 250 passengers and have a range of 5,000 nautical miles.
- Delta Favors Airbus Over Boeing for Order of 100 JetsBloomberg
- Boeing could face second snub as Delta reportedly close to striking deal with ...Financial Post
- Delta set to place huge order with AirbusCNNMoney
- Delta May Place Order for 100 Airbus A321neo Jets: SourcesU.S. News & World Report
- Reports: Delta Expected to Place Order for Airbus A321neo Jets, Shuns Boeing ...AirlineGeeks.com
- Delta may place order for 100 Airbus A321neo jetsNasdaq
- Airbus expected to land key Delta orderSeeking Alpha