Los Angeles -- Carrie Fisher may have been the “madcap Auntie Mame” to Mark Hamill’s “square” homebody, but despite their differences, the “Star Wars” siblings got along famously right till the end.
“The Last Jedi” writer-director Rian Johnson said he ultimately didn’t end up changing anything about her role in this installment, which is the eighth in the “Star Wars” films about the lives and adventures of the Skywalker clan.
Many in the cast speak almost interchangeably about the feisty princess turned general and the unapologetic boldness of Hollywood royalty who embodied her.
Fisher made newcomer Kelly Marie Tran realize, “How much courage it takes to be yourself when you’re on a public platform.”
AP Entertainment Writers Sandy Cohen and Mike Cidoni Lennox contributed from Los Angeles.
- The Sweet Ways Billie Lourd Honored Carrie Fisher At The 'Star Wars' PremiereHuffPost
- Billie Lourd's Hair at the 'Star Wars' Premiere Was a Touching Tribute to Her ...Brit + Co
- Billie Lourd's Latest Tribute to Her Mom Carrie Fisher Will Make You Tear UpBravo (blog)
- Carrie Fisher's dog provides emotional support for fansEyewitness News
- Cast reflects on Carrie Fisher and legacy of Princess LeiaYoungstown Vindicator
- Star Wars cast reflects on Carrie Fisher's and Leia's legacyNorthwest Herald
- 'The Last Jedi' Spoilers: 'Burning Questions' Are Answered, Including How ...The Inquisitr
- Valley 'Star Wars' fans anxiously await 'The Last Jedi'Sunbury Daily Item
- Billie Lourd honors mother Carrie Fisher at The Last Jedi premiereHidden Remote