On a night when the Clippers lost another player after Austin Rivers suffered a concussion in the first half, they stayed the course under trying circumstances.
Lou Williams and DeAndre Jordan took the mantle Wednesday when the dark cloud hovered, carrying the Clippers to a third consecutive win with a 106-95 victory over the Orlando Magic at Amway Center before 16,011 fans.
Jordan had 10 of his 16 points and nine of his 20 rebounds in the second half, doing his work while Rivers was being told he will not be able to play Friday night at the Washington Wizards because of the NBA’s 48-hour rule regarding concussions.
Rivers was retreating on defense against Simmons, the two of them airborne when the Clippers guard went down from Simmons’ elbow to the head.
Clippers head athletic trainer Jasen Powell, coach Doc Rivers and several of the players stood over Austin as he tried to recover.
- Epps' Career Night Leads LSU to Victory Against HoustonLSUSports.net
- Aaron Epps, Tremont Waters lead LSU over Houston: Final score, stats and analysisNOLA.com
- Tigers' thriller: Waters, Epps, Mays star as LSU hangs on for huge 80-77 win ...The Advocate
- LSU PG Tremont Waters on game-sealing block: 'I knew I had to make a big-time ...NOLA.com
- LSU beats Houston, 80-77, in thriller as Aaron Epps scores career high 26 pointsThe Daily Advertiser
- LSU basketball outlasts Houston, wins shootout 80-77SECcountry.com
- LSU players, Will Wade talk win over Houston247Sports
- Epps leads LSU past Houston 80-77Tampabay.com
- LSU gets ready to face a hot Houston team in the PMAC on WednesdayWAFB.com