LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida — Steve Piscotty is on the verge of a poignant Bay Area homecoming.
The A’s agreed to a trade with St. Louis on Wednesday that would send a pair of minor leaguers to the Cardinals in exchange for the Pleasanton native and former Stanford star, according to Jon Heyman of Fan Rag Sports.
A’s General Manager David Forst declined to confirm the deal earlier in the day and cautioned against jumping the gun.
The would move have the added benefit of bringing Piscotty closer to home, where his mother, Gretchen, was diagnosed with ALS in May.
Momentum for a Piscotty deal built throughout the week, then picked up steam early Wednesday when the Cardinals pulled off an apparent blockbuster.
- Cardinals continue to be aggressive, deal Stephen Piscotty to A'sYahoo Sports
- Cardinals trade Stephen Piscotty to AthleticsMLB Daily Dish
- Cardinals reportedly trade Stephen Piscotty to A'sSB Nation
- Buffa: Stephen Piscotty deserves a comeback in OaklandKSDK
- Report: Stephen Piscotty to be traded to AthleticsKSDK
- MLB trade rumors: Cardinals deal Stephen Piscotty after acquiring Marcell OzunaSporting News
- Report: Cardinals trade Piscotty to AthleticsKMOV.com
- Heyman | Athletics to acquire Stephen PiscottyFanRag Sports (blog)
- Athletics' Stephen Piscotty: Headed to OaklandCBSSports.com