Those highlights from eight years ago aren’t exactly the kind of footage that showcases the nonconference rivalry at its peak, back when the Rose Bowl was the coveted destination for the champions of both leagues.
But it’s perhaps another reminder of how much college football has changed since Ohio State and USC squared off three straight times in that famed venue back in the 1970s.
There is perhaps nobody with a greater appreciation for Ohio State’s history than Urban Meyer, and there almost certainly will be a day or two during preparations for the trip to Texas when he offers some lessons on the past.
But all a redshirt junior such as Hubbard or Parris Campbell has known in his playing career is the playoff format, not heading off to Pasadena as the reward for winning the Big Ten.
And for all the prestige that goes with heading to that gorgeous football cathedral, the Buckeyes aren’t going to complain about a trip to a modern-day palace such as AT&T Stadium — a building that’s seemingly always on primetime television and a spot where they won a national title a few years ago.
- Resetting Ohio State's 2018 recruiting class: A hot streak, questions ...cleveland.com
- Ohio State Excited to Be Playing Tradition-Rich Opponent in Cotton Bowl ...Eleven Warriors
- Ohio State football: Big night in recruiting; Larry Johnson Sr. named nation's ...Landof10.com
- Ohio State lands commitment from 4-star Idaho DT Tommy TogiaiUSA TODAY High School Sports
- Ohio State's 2018 recruiting class, breaking down how new Buckeyes will fit on ...cleveland.com
- What Kamryn Babb's commitment means for Ohio State: Buckeyes football recruitingcleveland.com
- What Tommy Togiai's commitment means for Ohio State: Buckeyes football recruitingcleveland.com
- What Tommy Togiai's Commitment Means For Ohio State's 2018 Recruiting ClassEleven Warriors
- Ohio State football | Defensive tackle, receiver commit to BuckeyesThe Columbus Dispatch