According to People , Rande Gerber (husband of Cindy Crawford and long-time pal to Clooney) recently told MSNBC that, during a 2013 dinner, George Clooney gave 14 of his closest friends $1 million each and paid all of their would-be taxes on the sum.
Frederic Nebinger/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images At this point, an average person might be expecting something along the lines of a personalized "Thank You" note, or, say, a framed photo of the group, or, I don't know, a monogrammed set of luggage packing organizers and some carry-on compliant toiletries at best.
"Bustle reached out to a rep for Clooney for comment on the story, but did not receive a response at the time of publication.
Kevin Winter/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images And just in case you needed further proof that being close (or, close-by) to George Clooney is the gift that keeps on giving, a source told Page Six that, on a recent flight to London where George and wife Amal had their 6-month-twins in-tow, the couple gifted noise-cancelling headphones to their fellow first-class passengers, along with a note " apologizing ahead of time " for any in-flight disruptions the twins might cause.
The similarities between Clooney and Claus are too obvious to ignore — which is why, this Christmas, I'll be leaving out cookies, milk, and a hand-written note addressed to George.
- George Clooney Once Gave His Friends Briefcases Filled With $1 MillionW Magazine
- George and Amal Clooney Just Outdid All Other ParentsVanity Fair
- George Clooney might be the most generous guy in HollywoodPage Six
- George Clooney once gifted 14 friends $1M each, Rande Gerber saysFox News
- Wish you're friends with Clooney?Ahmedabad Mirror
- George Clooney once gifted 14 of his closest pals $1 million eachCincinnati.com
- George Clooney once gave 14 friends £1million EACH for helping him find fame ...Mirror.co.uk
- George Clooney Gives Santa Claus a Run For His Money: He Once Gifted 14 Lucky ...Bravo (blog)
- George Clooney Gave 14 Friends $1 Million Each, Rande Gerber SaysTheWrap