Remember when the Mavericks had such high hopes for their projected starting backcourt of Seth Curry and Dennis Smith Jr.?
As coach Rick Carlisle relayed information that Smith is going to miss the upcoming trip to Golden State and San Antonio, Curry was giving a none-too-optimistic timetable as to when he might play his first game this season.
From high hopes to riding the bench: A timeline of everything that's happened with Mavs C Nerlens Noel That the rookie Smith is going to miss two more games is not overly concerning.
Here's where Harrison Barnes appears to be learning from Dirk Nowitzki Curry, who is getting MRIs about once a month, said the latest pictures showed slight improvement.
Meanwhile, Smith's absence puts a strain on the rest of the point guards as Carlisle tries to hold down the minutes of Harris and Barea.
- Leonard scores 13 points in return, but Spurs lose to MavericksSan Antonio Express-News
- Kawhi Leonard scores 13 points in season debut, return from injurySporting News
- Spurs' Kawhi Leonard (quadriceps) makes season debut against MavsESPN
- Despite big games from Leonard and Aldridge, Spurs fall to MavericksmySanAntonio.com
- Question marks abound in return of Spurs' Leonard, Ginobili saysmySanAntonio.com
- Gregg Popovich: Kawhi Leonard to play tonight vs Dallas MavericksNBA.com
- Video: Kawhi Leonard apparently speaks and is into karate nowmySanAntonio.com
- Leonard to return for SpursYahoo Sports
- Barea, Mavs spoil Leonard's return with 95-89 win over SpursYahoo Sports