James City County has received more consumer complaints about Internet and cable services provided by Cox Communications than it has about a tax increase.
Suzanne Jackson, a James City County resident, said the proposed rollback of Net Neutrality rules might make it tougher for her and her husband Jeff to stay online, especially if access to websites are sold in a cable-like bundle.
(Steve Roberts, Jr./WYDaily) In an area where Cox and Verizon dominate the internet market, rescinding Net Neutrality means those companies can choose what websites are available and how easily they can be accessed.
But in the past, the company has signed onto full-page media advertisements with an industry group noting the importance of an “open Internet experience.” Even the statement Cox has provided has changed, according to a report from the Consumerist.
Paperless billing for car insurance, banking information, or even pulling up menus for a local restaurant could cost extra money on computers and smartphones alike.
- FCC Plan to Kill Net Neutrality Rules Could Hurt StudentsWIRED
- TechMan Texts: FCC pushes ahead on plan to vote on net neutralityPittsburgh Post-Gazette
- FIONA MORGAN: Net Neutrality will keep information highway open for allWRAL.com
- Loss of 'net neutrality' to spark court battleBerkshire Eagle
- FCC prepares to hand over oversight of internet service providers to the FTCSTLtoday.com
- ISPs can do what they want as long as they disclose it, under new FCC/FTC ...Android Authority (blog)
- Want to Save Net Neutrality? Take It to Court.Daily Beast
- Robert Reich: The People's Internet Is Under ThreatYahoo Finance UK
- How Does Net Neutrality Affect Netflix? A Repeal Could Make Watching Your Fave ...Bustle