Northwestern (6-4) also established a program record for the fewest points yielded in a half in the shot-clock era as it raced out to a 55-8 lead at halftime.
After splitting a pair of early Big Ten conference meetings, including a Dec. 3 loss at Purdue, the Wildcats didn’t practice until Wednesday so players could take final exams.
Northwestern: The Wildcats defense continued a strong stretch, holding Chicago State to 20-percent shooting from the field and forcing 25 turnovers.
Before Monday’s game, Northwestern announced that redshirt first-year forward Rapolas Ivanauskas would miss the rest of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery on Friday.
- Men's Basketball: Northwestern defeats Chicago State in historic blowoutDaily Northwestern
- Never Made The Tourney Club Game Of The Week: Let's not talk about it.Mid-Major Madness
- Chicago State just played the worst half of basketball a Division I team can playMid-Major Madness
- At the Half: Northwestern 55, Chicago State 8The Big Lead
- Northwestern-Chicago State rapid reaction: Wildcats obliterate Cougars 96-31Inside NU
- You won't believe this Northwestern-Chicago State scoreFanRag Sports (blog)
- Northwestern vs. Chicago State GamethreadInside NU
- Preview: Chicago State at NorthwesternReuters
- Northwestern steamrolls Chicago StateReuters