Lee, amusingly enough, goes by the name of @SatoshiLite on Twitter -- a reference to Satoshi Nakamoto, the nickname used by the still anonymous inventor of bitcoin.
But no matter who created bitcoin and launched the crypto revolution, it is clear that investors can't get enough of virtual currencies.
Some experts are nervous that this can't end well though, and that bitcoin, litecoin and other cryptocurrencies are a bubble destined to burst in spectacular fashion like tech stocks in 2000 and housing prices just before the Great Recession of 2008.
SEC chairman Jay Clayton even sounded the alarm bell on bitcoin , other cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings this week, saying "there is substantially less investor protection" than with stocks and bonds and "correspondingly greater opportunities for fraud and manipulation."
- What Is Litecoin And Why Is LTC Price Going Up?Forbes
- Bitcoin's competitors are also at all-time highs — and rising fastMashable
- Bitcoin Rival Litecoin Has Rocketed 120% Since Bitcoin Futures Started TradingTheStreet.com
- Litecoin breaks $300 as Bitcoin growth slows downBetaNews
- Litecoin Price Surpasses $240 as Bulls Double Down on LTCThe Merkle
- Litecoin price and how to buy – is it safe, why has it spiked and is the ...The Sun
- It's 'ironic' that investors fear stocks but not bitcoin: StrategistYahoo Finance
- Bitcoin Rally Boosts Smaller Cryptos Litecoin, Ether to RecordsBloomberg
- Litecoin: the silver to Bitcoin's goldYourStory.com