I was at the manic unveiling at Lamborghini headquarters in Sant'Agata Bolognese, about an hour outside Bologna, and while I'm as skeptical as the rest when it comes to sporty SUVs like this, it's safe to say the Urus is breaking the mold in a few key ways.
Carbon ceramics help keep that speed in check, and you can be sure the team at Lamborghini will ensure this thing handles like no other.
Lamborghini repeatedly mentioned the Urus' skills on the sand, thanks in large part to a new all-wheel drive system with a torque-vectoring rear differential and a Torsen center diff.
Its exterior styling is also rather more family-friendly than any other modern Lamborghini, and whether that's a good thing depends on your penchant for aggressive lines and military-inspired interiors.
Whether or not this new moniker gains more traction than BMW and its "Sport Activity Vehicles" remains to be seen, but if you're keeping score there's a new "fastest" on the market, and that's always worth getting excited about.
- The New Lamborghini Urus is the Lamborghini of SUVsGQ Magazine
- Lamborghini launches the long-awaited Urus SUVThe Australian Financial Review
- The Lamborghini Urus is the latest $200000 SUVThe Verge
- Meet Lamborghini Urus - World's First Super SUV by the Supercar Maker [Video]News18
- First Look: With the debut of the 2019 Urus, Lamborghini is building what will ...New York Daily News
- 2018 Lamborghini Urus SUV unveiledBangkok Post
- Lamborghini unveils world's fastest SUVCNNMoney
- Lamborghini unveils the URUS, the world's fastest SUVHerald Sun
- Lamborghini joins the boom in supercar SUVsABC News