The University of Montana confirmed Skyline Sports’ report, releasing the following statement on Monday afternoon:
University of Montana Director of Athletics Kent Haslam announced today head Football Coach Bob Stitt’s contract will not be renewed for the 2018 season.
Stitt took over the Griz football program prior to the 2015 season, compiling a 21-14 overall record, including a 14-10 mark in the Big Sky Conference.
The Grizzlies defeated North Dakota State 38-35 in a nationally televised game on ESPN in Stitt’s debut.
Justin Green will continue to move forward with the recruiting process, as the early signing period begins Dec. 20.
- Montana coach Bob Stitt's contract not renewedNews & Observer
- Stitt out as coach for University of Montana Grizzlies football teamThe Missoulian
- Stitt out as Grizzly head coachNBC Montana
- Head Coach Stitt let go from Griz footballKFBB NewsChannel 5
- UPDATE: Stitt out as Montana head coachMontana Kaimin
- Stitt out as Montana football coachFOXSports.com
- Montana to part ways with StittGreat Falls Tribune
- Montana AD Expects Decision Soon on Coach Stitt's ContractFlathead Beacon