Square the New Orleans Pelicans All-Star power couple against the triple threat of the Oklahoma City Thunder and receive exactly what Monday concocted at the Smoothie King Center: An All-Star-on-All-Star highlight montage on hyperdrive.
Cousins was Ejected in the third quarter for a Flagrant-2 foul, given to the NBA’s most egregious offenses of “unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player,” per the league's rules.
He scored 36 points — including shooting 18 for 22 from the free-throw line, a season high — and gathered 15 rebounds in 45 minutes, looking like the All-NBA, uninjured version of himself.
That didn't happen, but New Orleans countered unlike it had all season, much to the delight of the Cousins-less Smoothie King Center filled with 16,765 vocal viewers.
The Pelicans pulled off a win unlike any New Orleans has had this season, one that’s capable of brewing confidence in a team which once trailed by nearly 20 points against one of the conference’s superpowers.
- Pelicans down Oklahoma City despite DeMarcus Cousins' ejection: Final score ...NOLA.com
- DeMarcus Cousins tossed for elbow to head of Russell WestbrookESPN
- DeMarcus Cousins hit with flagrant-2, ejected for elbowing Russell WestbrookYahoo Sports
- DeMarcus Cousins EJECTED: Pelicans star walks after hitting Russell Westbrook ...Express.co.uk
- New Orleans Pelicans come back big, beat Thunder 114 to 107Pelican Debrief
- DeMarcus Cousins gets ejected vs. Oklahoma City for Flagrant 2 foulNOLA.com
- DeMarcus Cousins ejected for Flagrant-2 foul on Russell WestbrookSporting News
- Game Day Preview – OKC Thunder start tough week vs. PelicansThunderous Intentions
- Pelicans rally after Cousins ejection, beat Thunder 114-107ABC News