It took an 13-point Fourth Quarter comeback, overtime, and an impossible Kyrie Irving shot, but Boston has now won 16 consecutive games.
They led by double digits at several points throughout the second half, playing some of the best basketball all year.
However, Boston is a great basketball team this season, and Dallas won’t make the playoffs.
Boston’s win streak began after an 0-2 start and has even survived the Golden State Warriors last week.
Ignore Dennis Smith Jr. riding the bench most of the fourth quarter and overtime — not getting Nowitzki the final shot was a travesty.
- NBA: Kyrie Irving wills Celtics to 16th straight victoryLos Angeles Times
- Celtics-Mavericks preview: C's need to play Smart vs. DallasYahoo Sports
- NBA Monday games, scores, highlights: Kyrie scores 47, Celtics win 16th straightCBSSports.com
- Celtics push winning streak to 16 games with overtime victory in DallasBoston Herald
- Irving scores 47, Celtics beat Mavs for 16th straight winTampabay.com
- Kyrie Irving's 47 points, remarkable shot-making pushes Boston Celtics ...MassLive.com
- Irving's 47 lead Celtics past Mavericks to maintain streakSanta Fe New Mexican
- Kyrie Irving: 'I'm having fun' with CelticsBoston Herald
- NBA-Highlights of Monday's NBA gamesYahoo Sports