The new system is intended to cut down on long lines and wait times that have become a problem in recent years.
From November 24 to December 24, visitors be able to make a Santa reservation online as many a five days in advance.
Admission to see Santa is free, but professional photo packages start at $20.99.
The retailer says the new system will give everyone the advantages of the Express Pass while also letting them take in the full Christmas spirit.
The Herald Square Macy’s isn’t the only place to see Santa in New York City, but with all its frills it is seen as the definitive one.
- Santa's Real, But He's Reservation-Only at Macy's FlagshipNECN
- Santa's in town? You need an appointment this yearBeloit Daily News
- Santa Claus at Macy's Herald Square by appointment only this yearWABC-TV
- Macy's Herald Square To Require Reservations For Santa For First TimeCBS New York
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, But You Need To Make A Reservation To See HimYahoo News UK
- Santa's in town, but you might need a reservation this yearWDEL 1150AM
- You will need a reservation to sit on Santa's lap this year at Macy'sABC News
- New York Macy's store requires reservations to see SantaNews 12 Bronx
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Started Small, but Keeps GrowingCBS 8 San Diego