The allure of the silver helmets with the blue star, Roger Staubach’s great escapes and those cleavage-revealing cheerleaders was too intoxicating at a time when men named Joe Kuharich, Jerry Williams and Ed Khayat were steering the Eagles into the gutter.
RON CORTES / File Photograph Eagles receiver Terrell Owens stands on the Dallas Cowboys star in the end zone as he celebrates his second quarter touchdown catch in 2004.
Coach Buck Shaw’s team went into the season confident that they could contend for an NFL title, but the Eagles suffered a lopsided home loss to the Cleveland Browns on opening day.
The Cowboys, coached by a 36-year-old Landry, would be the Eagles’ first victory en route to an 11-2 season that culminated with a championship win over Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay Packers at Franklin Field.
Ron Jaworski threw a couple of TD passes to Harold Carmichael, and barefooted Tony Franklin connected on a then franchise record 59-yard field goal just before halftime.
- Wentz, Prescott meet again, now with Eagles leading CowboysPress of Atlantic City
- Sunday Night Football Edition: Dak Prescott or Carson Wentz?Forbes
- Wentz, Prescott meet again with Eagles atop standingsNWAOnline
- Eagles-Cowboys Predictions by Our (cough) ExpertsNBC 10 Philadelphia
- The next great QB rivalry? Evolution of Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz will be put ...Dallas News (blog)
- Key Cowboys-Eagles matchups: Can Dallas protect Dak Prescott from one of the ...Dallas News (blog)
- Moore: Beating Cowboys would put Eagles in ideal spotThe Intelligencer
- Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery hopes to play despite lingering ankle injuryGears Of Biz
- A Roaring Welcome And Key MatchupsPhiladelphiaEagles.com