The Trojans weathered Josh Rosen’s passing brilliance and a surprisingly feisty UCLA defense to notch their third consecutive win in the series, 28-23.
The game did wind up on national prime time Saturday night, and it still brought out all the built-up snark that rivalries are supposed to, at least according to the Trojan fan who wore his “I Bought My Sunglasses” T-shirt.
The last time either team won by fewer than 10 points was 2006, when Eric McNeal’s interception gave the Bruins a 13-9 upset in the Rose Bowl that shoved USC out of a national championship bid.
Ronald Jones powered for three straight runs, watched Sam Darnold hit Deontay Burnett for 15 yards and then lunged in for the touchdown.
Lasley then made a fabulous catch on a ball that two Trojans defensive backs deflected, and it set up a field goal by Molson to cut it to 21-17 early in the fourth.
- Wimbush scores three TD's as No. 8 Notre Dame holds off NavyNBCSports.com
- UCLA loses crosstown rivalry to USC: 3 things we learnedDieHards
- WVU QB Will Grier reportedly out several weeks with broken fingerNBCSports.com
- WATCH: USC shocks everyone (even the cameraman) with fake punt return TDCBSSports.com
- USC's Darnold, UCLA's Rosen to square off for 1st timeDeathRattleSports.com
- UCLA vs. USC LIVE SCORE UPDATES and STATS (11/18/17) | Rosen vs. DarnoldNJ.com
- Highlights: USC's Michael Pittman scores on a 72-yard punt return against UCLAOCRegister
- Ohio State win, Michigan loss hands Buckeyes B1G East, date with Wisconsin in ...NBCSports.com
- USC scores TD on punt return as UCLA punt team goes after wrong returnerYahoo Sports