Gabby Douglas has apologized for a tweet that appeared to be victim shaming her Olympic teammate Aly Raisman, who this past week accused former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar of sexual abuse in an interview with 60 Minutes .
In a since-deleted tweet Douglas responded to a Raisman post about victim shaming by saying, “It is our responsibility as women to dress modestly and be classy.
Dressing in a provocative/sexual way entices the wrong crowd.” Another member of the Olympic gymnastics team, Simone Biles, quickly defended Raisman , writing, “honestly seeing this brings me to tears bc as your teammate I expected more from you & to support her.
I support you Aly & all the other women out there!
STAY STRONG.” Following the backlash, Douglas posted the apology below, including the hashtag #metoo.
- Aly Raisman calls out sexual assault victim shamers, Gabby Douglas apologizes ...Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Simone Biles Slams Gabby Douglas for Telling Aly Raisman Women Should 'Dress ...PEOPLE.com
- Team USA gymnasts, including an abuse victim, clash over the role of clothing ...TheBlaze.com
- Gabby Douglas apologized after Simone Biles criticized her reply to Aly RaismanFor The Win
- 'I Expected More From You': Simone Biles Reacts to Gabby Douglas ...NECN
- Gabby Douglas victim blames Aly Raisman, says it's women's 'responsibility' to ...New York Daily News
- Simone Biles 'Shocked' After Gabby Douglas Suggests Aly Raisman Enticed Sexual ...Hollywood Life
- Simone Biles Slams Gabby Douglas After She Criticizes Aly Raisman Amid Sexual ...Us Weekly
- Simone Biles SLAMS Gabby Douglas For Victim Shaming Remark!PerezHilton.com