Actor Jason Mitchell stars in "Mudbound," Brian van der Brug / Los Angeles Times“Mudbound” is a tale about two families connected by land.
Mitchell plays Ronsel, one of the sons of the Jacksons who returns from World War II to rural Mississippi, thrust back into the racist South.
The ensemble cast includes Mary J. Blige, Rob Morgan, Carey Mulligan , Garrett Hedlund , Jason Clarke and Jonathan Banks.
He also has a role in James and Dave Franco’s “The Disaster Artist,” out in December, and the upcoming Lena Waithe project “The Chi,” which bows in January on Showtime.
Ahead of the “Mudboud” release, on break from “The Chi,” The Times spoke with Mitchell about how he got into acting, tackling hard stories about race early in his career and what we can expect from “The Chi.”
- Review: Mudbound Tells a Purely American Story, with Our Painful History of ...TIME
- Movies: Dee Rees's 'old-fashioned' drama 'Mudbound' is a likely Oscar contenderThe Mercury News
- 'Mudbound': Editing Dee Rees' Complex Shifting Narrative Was an Award-Worthy ...IndieWire
- Mudbound's Dee Rees on Writing Racist Jokes and Directing Mary J. BligeVulture
- 'Mudbound' Is the Best Movie Netflix Has Ever Put Its Name OnDecider
- Harsh and Beautiful, Mudbound Is Netflix's Greatest Cinematic Triumph YetWIRED
- 'Mudbound': Dreams in BrownPopMatters
- 'Mudbound' lifts Netflix with look at race, class dividesCNN
- Lives of a black and a white family intertwine post-WWII in 'Mudbound'Christian Science Monitor