On the 49ers’ side, safety Eric Reid and receiver Marquise Goodwin protested the National Anthem.
“We’re sending the National Football League, its corporate sponsors, and the television networks a message this Veterans Day weekend!” said 2ndVote.
“Americans are sick of the disrespectful National Anthem protests that the NFL has not only allowed to continue, but has institutionalized in pregame ceremonies.”
“Remember, several of the companies that do business with the NFL like DirecTV and Anheuser-Busch have signaled just how bad of a PR disaster the protests have been,” 2ndVote, which launched the hashtag #STANDwithVets, added.
Aside from the few protests that took place Sunday, the majority of Nfl Players paid tribute to veterans Sunday, including bringing vets, members of the military and their families on the field for pregame festivities.
- NFL Take-a-Knee Protests Nosedive as Military Honored for Veterans DayFox News
- 3 NFL players take a knee on Veterans Day weekendAtlanta Journal Constitution
- New Jersey bar boycotts NFL in honor of Veterans DayNew York Daily News
- Despite threat of boycott, attendance increases at Sunday NFL gamesYahoo Sports
- Vets tackle NFL for 'disrespecting' anthemBoston Herald
- New Jersey Bar Doesn't Air NFL Games Sunday, Hosts Fundraiser for Vets Instead ...NBC New York
- Lowell veterans leader urges NFL boycott in Fox appearanceSentinel & Enterprise
- Bar packed with customers during NFL boycottThe Sun Herald
- NFL players who protested during national anthem in Week 10DeathRattleSports.com