“For a limited time, players who already own Wings of Liberty (as of October 31, 2017) but have not yet purchased Heart of the Swarm will be able to get the latter campaign free by logging in to the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app and claiming their free Heart of the Swarmgift between November 8 and December 8, 2017,” the company said in a prepared statement.
Furthermore, Blizzard also revealed a new StarCraft 2 commanders will be making it to the game – Mira Han (alias Matt Horner).
Prior to this, reports have suggested that StarCraft 2 has had around 1.8 to 2 million monthly active users.
Earlier in the year, Blizzard released StarCraft Remastered – as the name suggests, it was a shinier version of the first game that debuted in 1998.
Starcraft is a real-time strategy (RTS) game that centered around the struggle amongst three factions in a distant part of the Milky Way galaxy known as the Koprulu Sector.
READ MORE (Gears Of Biz)
- 4 Biggest Things Announced at Blizzcon 2017 - IGN AccessIGN
- Say what? 'StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty' will soon be free to play, and moreDigital Trends
- StarCraft II Will Be Free to Play Starting Nov. 14PCMag
- BlizzCon 2017 | StarCraft 2 is going free to playTelegraph.co.uk
- StarCraft II will be free to play starting November 14TechCrunch
- 'StarCraft II' Becomes Free To Play In A Couple WeeksBleeding Cool News
- StarCraft 2 is going to free to play later this month (Updated)PC Gamer
- Blizzard will make StarCraft II free-to-play this monthNeowin
- Strategy game StarCraft II Becomes free to play for freeguru3d.com (press release)