For four previous trips to Bryant-Denny across the past three seasons, I didn’t worry with securing a parking pass, because arranging it in advance exceeded my organizational skills.
It also allowed the serial sight of one stunning tree, an autumn wonder on a residential street, burning yellow.
Then, once the games in that stadium had ended, the massive dins had quieted and deadline had come and gone, it would be time to Walk the walk back to the car, back down the sidewalks and past the houses and all the emptied front porches, well after the game clock had struck 0:00.
I turned down a familiar sidewalk and walked past a house where two men sat in chairs on the front porch, quietly drinking from bottles that might have held beer.
In a low, almost murmuring voice with the proper accent for the setting, in the 2 a.m. hush, he looked out toward this interloper and said, softly:
- Alabama vs. LSU: Live updates, highlights, scores in key SEC West gameSporting News
- Healthy LSU comes to Alabama with full lineup on defenseNOLA.com
- Houses divided: LSU fans with Alabama relatives celebrate game day with split ...The Advocate
- Alabama football-LSU: Live updates, score for Week 10 game (11/04/2017)SECcountry.com
- LSU at Alabama by the numbers: Tide's most recent November loss came in 2013AL.com
- LSU-Alabama: Live updates, score, analysis for Week 10 game (November 4, 2017)SECcountry.com
- LSU-Alabama: Pregame observations from Bryant-Denny StadiumSECcountry.com
- LIVE Game Thread: LSU vs. Bama247Sports
- LSU linebacker Donnie Alexander returns, but left tackle KJ Malone absentThe Advocate