Leaked Memos Published in February revealed the president’s advisers wanted NASA to send astronauts there by 2020, one part in a bigger plan to focus on activities near Earth rather than missions deeper in the solar system.
“We will return NASA astronauts to the moon—not only to leave behind footprints and flags, but to build the foundation we need to send Americans to Mars and beyond,” Pence said Thursday at the inaugural meeting of the National Space Council, an advisory body his administration recently revived .
He had fallen down a flight of stairs during a hazing event at his fraternity, Beta Theta Pi, but the members had waited nearly 12 hours before calling 911, relenting only when their pledge “looked fucking dead.” Tim underwent surgery shortly after arriving at Hershey, but it was too late.
Leaked memos published in February revealed the president’s advisers wanted NASA to send astronauts there by 2020, one part in a bigger plan to focus on activities near Earth rather than missions deeper in the solar system.
Just when it seemed that even the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history could not shake the immovable stalemate over gun rights in Congress, a strange thing happened: Republicans started talking about tightening regulations on firearms.
- Astronaut Scott Kelly on the devastating effects of a year in spaceThe Age
- It Turns Out That Our Moon Once Had an AtmosphereFuturism
- That Time When Volcanic Eruptions Created a Temporary Atmosphere on the MoonGears Of Biz
- Vice President Pence vows US astronauts will return to the moonGears Of Biz
- Moon once had an atmosphere: NASA studyDaily News & Analysis
- What does the Moon 4bn years ago and Yahoo! towers this week have in common ...The Register
- NASA to put humans on the Moon again: Mike PenceThe Indian Express
- Pence pledges that US will go to the Moon, Mars and beyondThe Asian Age
- British scientists win government funding to study life on MarsXinhua