WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump met with former Federal Reserve board member Kevin Warsh as part of the process of interviewing candidates for the Fed's top job.
At a speech in August in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, she said that repealing Dodd-Frank, a law passed in 2010 to shore up the banking system after the housing crash, would harm the U.S. economy .
But Cohn's prospects appeared to dim after he was publicly critical in August of Trump's response to the protest violence in Charlottesville, Va.
So far, Trump has moved to fill only one of the vacancies, nominating Utah financier Randal Quarles to the Fed board to be vice chairman for bank supervision.
- Bond yields jump on report former Fed official Kevin Warsh met with President ...CNBC
- Trump met with Kevin Warsh amid quest to fill Fed chair jobCNBC
- Trump and Mnuchin Met With Warsh to Discuss Fed ChairBloomberg
- Trump begins meeting with potential Fed chairsNBC Montana
- Trump Weighs Ex-Fed Official as Next ChairU.S. News & World Report
- Janet Yellen is a perfect fit for Fed chair — Malcolm BerkoDurham Herald Sun
- Trump met former Fed Governor Warsh over potential Fed chair nominationYahoo Finance
- More Unexpected Policy Twists And Turns By The FedNasdaq
- Trump meets with Kevin Warsh about Fed chairman jobFox Business